VW Caddy Hire
Get a standout vehicle that you can depend on with SDVH’s VW Caddy rental.
Call us on 020 8168 8158 now!
Transport A Bit Smaller Cargo With Maximum Reliability
A small van with a big attitude. The VW Caddy is an impeccable example of reliability and efficiency in Volkswagen’s catalogue. Pack your bags or cargo and hit the road in one of the few vans that can claim to be best in class.
One of the world’s most reputable vehicle brands delivers once again with the Caddy, which might not boast as much space as larger vans but offers more in return.
It’s reliable, affordable and surprisingly manoeuvrable even for a compact van, making it the ideal choice for long transport routes.
Internal LWH : 170m x 1.55m x 1.25m
External LWH : 4.40m x 1.80m x 1.83m
Payload : 500- 600 MPG : 45 – 55
Volume Cubic (m) : 3.2 Volume Cubic (ft) : 100
Things That Make The VW Caddy Stand Out
The VW Caddy is a hallmark of Volkswagen’s brand quality. It has a range of useful features for your transportation needs. Here’s the full breakdown of what makes this van stand out:
- Compactness: The VW Caddy is one of the more compact vans you can find in our fleet. While it has plenty of space for long trips and courier transport, it’s surprisingly manoeuvrable for its size.
- Smooth driving: For a van of this size, the small van VW Caddy features an amazingly smooth drive. It’s responsive, the steering wheel is light and it has dependable torque.
- Impeccable safety: The Volkswagen Caddy has four airbags, electronic stability control, electronic differential locks, rear parking sensors, automatic post-collision braking and much more. The Euro NCAP gives it a five-star safety rating.
Why Choose SDVH?
SDVH is one of the UK’s most reliable vehicle hire services. In our fleet, you can find everything from a small van to a luxury sedan. Our doors are always open to customers who need a reliable vehicle for hire. Whether you want to rent a small van VW Caddy or any other vehicle, you can count on us to provide the right hire car, van, truck or minibus at the right location.
It can be a hassle to get to the depot when you need to rent a van. This is why we simplify the process by offering free delivery. There’s no need to take the Caddy back to the rental depot afterwards, either. We’ll save you time and effort with our free collection service. Just tell us your desired location for delivery or collection, and we’ll take care of the rest.
You don’t have to stress about going over a mileage cap when you rent one of our fleet’s vehicles. We offer unlimited rental mileage on every rental, so you can enjoy unrestricted movement with your Volkswagen Caddy wherever you go. Take your van across the UK and beyond, and don’t worry about incurring additional fees due to any kind of mileage limit.
No matter where you’re located in the UK, SDVH can provide you with the van of your choice. We have Wales, England, Scotland and Northern Ireland under our rental coverage, and we can deliver a car or van right to your doorstep. Don’t worry about getting stranded anywhere on the mainland, as all it takes is one call to our rental depot, and you’re set.
Looking to take your small van VW Caddy to Europe? Don’t worry – we provide vehicle rentals for mainland Europe as well. You’re free to go anywhere in the EU (and some countries beyond) for a small fee. Our unlimited mileage perk applies when you go overseas as well. Inform our agents when booking to learn more about our European cover option.
Where do you drop off the vehicle if you’re going on a one-way trip? We’ve got it covered. You don’t have to take our small van back to the original depot. Once you pay a small fee, you can drop it off at a depot closer to your end destination. Our free collection benefit is also available for another destination once you pay for this service.
What happens if you get into a fender bender while on the road? SDVH offers a comprehensive insurance policy that covers minor damages to the van and any passengers inside. The cost of the insurance is factored into the total cost of the vehicle rental. This saves you money and ensures you’re not solely liable for any damage that occurs.
You won’t need our comprehensive insurance if you’re already covered by a company package. We don’t think it would be fair for you to pay as much as someone who doesn’t have insurance when they rent a vehicle. This is why we offer a 10% discount for drivers who have insurance. You avoid paying for unnecessary protection and even save money.
With our large network of suppliers, we can offer our clients a wide range of vehicles for hire. Whether you need a Volkswagen Caddy or a van like a Ford Transit SWB, or any other, we can have it delivered to you on short notice. Contact our customer service representative to figure out what would be the ideal vehicle for your needs and wishes.
About The VW Caddy
The Volkswagen Caddy has been a staple of VW’s vehicle repertoire since 1979. The company has sold over three million units since, with over 200,000 being sold in the UK alone.
Originally a pickup known as the Rabbit Pickup, this vehicle came to be when VW was experimenting with versions of the Golf. The small van VW Caddy didn’t get its current name or body until it was released in Europe in 1982. It’s been considered a reliable, high-quality small van hire option since its release.
- First generation: The Rabbit Pickup was released with options for a petrol and diesel engine. Fibreglass-reinforced plastic box caps were introduced, turning these vehicles into small vans with an impressive 94 cubic feet of cargo space.
- Second generation: The second generation, known as the Polo Caddy, was a light van released in 1995 with a loading area of 2.6 m2 and a loading volume of 2.9 m3. It included features such as ABS, rear wipers, side impact protection, air conditioners and many more.
- Third generation: Debuted in 2009, the new Caddy models had a more aerodynamic shape and two body designs: the normal and the Maxi. The Maxi is a larger van size with more load space. They also came in configurations such as the Panel Van, Window Panel Van, Kombi, Caddy Life and Caddy Camper. They made for incredibly popular SWB vans for hire.
- Fourth generation: The current generation of the Volkswagen Caddy was revealed in 2020 and is based on the Volkswagen MQB platform. It shares many features with the Mk3 but also includes new tech and trim levels. There is more space available in larger models like the Caddy Cargo Maxi.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Caddy Van can have two, five or seven seats, depending on the model you choose. The freight vehicle version has two seats. The crew van VW Caddy has a short wheelbase and 5 seats, though there is an option to make it a 7-seater. The VW Caddy Maxi has a longer wheelbase and it has 7 seats as a standard.
You can use a VW Caddy for courier services long-term. And some companies already do. It has good fuel consumption, with some models boasting over 65 miles per gallon return. Needing roadside assistance isn’t an issue, as a breakdown is a rare occurrence. It doesn’t have as much space as larger vans, but it has more than enough for most commercial cargo needs. All in all, it’s a good courier van hire option.
Yes, a VW Caddy is cheaper to rent than larger vans. However, the price depends on various factors. How long do you need to rent it for? Do you require any additional services? Larger variants of the van have more load space but are more expensive, and the drive quality may be lower.