Ford Mondeo Estate Hire
Hire a Ford Mondeo Estate from SDVH for a pleasant ride for the whole family – and their bags.
Call us on 020 8168 8158 now!
No Need To Spend Time Compressing The Luggage
There’s no need to pack light if you hire a Ford Mondeo Estate, as it’s easy to fit all your luggage in its generous boot.
With the rear seats up, it offers 525 litres of cargo space, which translates to four or five full-sized suitcases (big ones). And with the rear seats down, that capacity jumps to an incredible 1,630 litres!
It’s also one of the most comfortable and safest vehicles you’ll find, featuring seven airbags and a very roomy interior, even with passengers in all five seats.
Things That Make Ford Mondeo Estate Stand Out
The Ford Mondeo Estate is more than just a car with a big boot.
- Generous cargo space: If somehow 525 litres of cargo space with the rear seats up is not enough for you, a whopping 1,630 litres when they’re down can accommodate you-name-what (camping gear, mountain bike, barbecue grill – it doesn’t matter).
- A spacious cabin: You’ll find the interior extremely comfortable and spacious too, even with four passengers and a driver.
- A comfortable ride: Unlike most estate cars, the Ford Mondeo is impressively agile with stellar suspension. You’ll feel like you’re driving a coupe!
- Award-winning safety features: Thanks to its seven airbags, anti-lock brakes and electronic stability control, it has won a 5-star Euro NCAP rating.
- A pleasant journey: You can look forward to goodies like air-conditioning, climate control, front fog lamps and an adjustable steering wheel.
The Mondeo isn’t the only Ford with a generous boot – the Ford Focus estate version has very similar specs.
Why Choose SDVH?
SDVH is one of the UK’s most popular and trusted vehicle hire companies. We are committed to providing a pleasant rental experience for all our customers and to ensuring your safety thanks to our rigorous inspection and maintenance policy. We guarantee a reliable set of wheels no matter which model you choose as well as a competitive hire price for all vehicle types.
When you have to fetch your rental vehicle from the depot, that takes precious time out of your vacation or business trip. But if you rent from SDVH, we’ll drop your Ford Mondeo to any location in the UK, and fetch it again when you’re done – free of charge.
At SDVH, we rent by the day, and there’s no extra charge for going over a certain mileage limit. That means you’ll have total freedom of movement without worrying about having to pay any extra costs, which is perfect for your next road trip or long-distance holiday!
We are one of the foremost car rental companies in the UK, and we have an extensive network of suppliers operating throughout the country. So no matter where you are in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, our rental service is available to you.
Picture yourself cruising along the French Riviera or the Amalfi Coast in your Ford Mondeo rental – you could make that dream a reality by choosing our European Travel Cover option. With a small extra cost, you’re free to drive to any location within the EU.
We understand that not every journey ends where it started. So for a small extra fee, you can end your rental period at a different location to the one where you received your vehicle. But there’s no need to return it to a depot because our free collection service still applies!
No matter how careful you are, unforeseen circumstances like accidents can happen to anyone. That’s why all our vehicles come with basic insurance included when you hire them. You’ll be covered in the unlikely event of any minor damages to the vehicle or passengers.
If you are hiring a Ford Mondeo for business, you may be working for a company that already gives you cover under its insurance policy. If that’s the case, we won’t make you pay for double coverage, which means you’ll get a 10% discount on your vehicle hire!
The Ford Mondeo is just one of many models we offer in a wide range of categories to meet the needs of varied customers. Our fleet is made up of up-to-date vehicles of all kinds, from cars to vans to trucks to minibuses, with a host of options within each category too.
About The Ford Mondeo Estate
The first Ford Mondeo was introduced in 1992 and declared a ‘world car‘, meaning it was intended to suit the needs of global automotive markets without requiring significant changes. And right from the start, Ford offered both the Mondeo Saloon (also as an automatic version) and Estate, providing for those who need lots of cargo space but don’t want the cumbersomeness of a van.
History and Evolution
- First generation: The first Mondeo went on sale in the early ’90s. Its major innovation was switching from rear-wheel to front-wheel drive, as well as a sophisticated suspension system.
- Second generation: Dropping at the dawn of the new millennium, the second generation was a much larger car than the first. There was also a lot more effort put into the interior and the general design aesthetic.
- Third generation: By appearing in the film Casino Royale, driven by James Bond, the third generation Mondeo won some ‘cool’ creds. It was also the first Mondeo to achieve the full five-star Euro NCAP safety rating.
- Fourth generation: The fourth generation was the first to offer the full range of Ford EcoBoost engines. It was also more luxurious than previous generations, with features like climate control and an infotainment screen.
- Fifth generation: The latest generation was introduced in 2022, but only in China. As such, the fourth generation is the latest available in Europe.
- Though the car is usually associated with practicality, the Mondeo has had a lot of success as a touring car in the world of motorsport.
- In 1997, the term ‘Mondeo Man‘ was coined to refer to a subcategory of voters – men from a working-class background who now lived a middle-class lifestyle.
- Because of their sleek construction, estate cars are surprisingly fuel-efficient. So hiring this spacious estate from SDVH is actually a great way to save on petrol costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
The main advantage of the Mondeo Estate compared to the other estates is its balance of cargo space, comfort, safety and agility. While there are estate cars that are larger and faster, this balance is what makes the Ford Mondeo the perfect family car. You don’t necessarily need high speeds for a family holiday – you need a reliable car that will keep everyone comfortable and hold all your luggage.
You should choose a Mondeo Estate over a saloon if you need a lot of luggage space. There’s nothing worse than hiring a car that has enough seats, but realising on collection that there’s not enough space for everyone’s luggage in the boot! If you’re going on holiday with the whole family, chances are you need an estate to provide cargo space for all those suitcases.
Ford Mondeo Estates are a little pricier to hire than Mondeo Saloons. However, for that extra cost, you’ll get a car that offers significantly more cargo space than the saloon. At the same time, note that your ultimate hire cost may vary depending on the services you select. Please phone our office to enquire about comprehensive pricing details.