Ford Galaxy Automatic Hire (7-Seater)
Enjoy a comfortable ride while you travel with our Ford Galaxy with automatic transmission.
Call us on 020 8168 8158 now!
Driving Pleasure For Long Trips
Drive around in comfort with your friends or family with the help of our Ford Galaxy hire service.
Whether you’re driving through the city or going on a long journey, this Ford model provides you with everything you need.
Efficiency, spaciousness and drive quality are the name of the game when it comes to the Ford Galaxy, especially the convenient automatic model.
Enjoy all the benefits the famous Galaxy offers with the plus of an automatic gearbox.
External LWH : 4.82m x 1.90m x1.80m
Volume Cubic (m): 0.3-2.5 MPG:35-45
Volume Cubic (ft): 10-82 Towing Cap: 1800
Things That Make The Ford Galaxy Automatic Stand Out
The Ford Galaxy Automatic is Ford’s standout 7-seater multi-purpose vehicle. It offers numerous beneficial features that make it a top choice to rent for long trips.
- An extensive list of safety features: The Ford Galaxy has many safety features, including parking sensors, emergency brake assist and electronic stability control.
- Tons of space to go around: The spaciousness of the Galaxy is a trademark of the model. To its credit, not only does it offer enough seats to transport a large group comfortably, but it can also carry plenty of cargo. It has a massive 2,339 litres of space when the seats are lowered.
- Great handling and manoeuvrability: The Galaxy has surprisingly good ride quality considering its size. Its steering is sharp and direct, and it doesn’t suffer from as much body roll as others in its class. Having an automatic gearbox, driving is even more enjoyable, especially on long trips.
Why Choose SDVH?
SDVH is one of the most reputable vehicle hiring companies in the UK. We offer a large selection of vehicles for all your travelling needs. No matter where your journey takes you, we can provide you with the best vehicle for hire to reach your destination in comfort and style.
Who wants to take precious time out of their day to visit a rental depot to pick up or drop off a vehicle? We provide our customers with free delivery and collection across the UK, saving them time when renting a Ford Galaxy, for example. Simply give us the details for when and where to deliver or collect the car when booking, and we’ll get it done free of charge.
We don’t like rental mileage limitations, as we prefer to give our customers as much freedom as possible with our service. When you rent a car or people carrier from SDVH, you get all the freedom you need to travel. There are no pesky limits, so you can rent a Ford Galaxy and get to where you need to be without worrying about additional rental fees.
SDVH can offer you a vehicle for hire wherever you are in the UK. Need a Ford Galaxy in York or Aberdeen? No matter where you are on the mainland, we’ll be able to deliver a car to you on short notice. You can access our rental service anywhere in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Just contact our agent and send your location.
Need people carriers for a trip to mainland Europe? Don’t sweat it, we’ve got exactly what you need. Our company provides a European cover option for those who need to visit a destination in the EU or beyond. Inform us if you intend to go overseas when booking a Ford Galaxy and remember that there is a small fee attached to this benefit.
Getting the rental back to the original rental depot is a hassle when you’re hiring for a one-way trip. It can disrupt your journey and lead to higher rental costs. With SDVH, you can pay a reasonable fee to use our one-way rental service. With it, feel free to leave a vehicle at another depot, or we can pick it up at your endpoint.
Accidents can happen no matter how careful you are. This is why you’ll have insurance packages along with our hire cars. It covers minor damages to the vehicles as well as passengers inside. The insurance is factored into the vehicle rental price. We also offer a Collision Damage Waiver for a small fee.
We don’t think it would be fair for customers who have insurance to pay the same amount as those who don’t have any. Because of this, we offer a 10% discount for every car hire for those customers that already have insurance coverage. This benefit is valid no matter how many times and for how long you hire from SDVH.
SDVH offers a wide variety of people carriers and other kinds of cars. We cooperate with suppliers from around the country to give our customers as many options as possible. Whether you need to hire a Ford Galaxy automatic or any other car, we can deliver it promptly. You can enjoy our benefits in any car you need.
About The Ford Galaxy Automatic
The Galaxy was Ford’s first people carrier produced and marketed outside the North American region. The model was developed and marketed alongside its sibling car, the Ford S Max. The automatic version was there from the start (1995) to the very end of this car’s production (2023).
Evolution Of The Ford Galaxy
The Ford Galaxy has gone through numerous changes, with many improvements being made by Ford over the three generations of the car.
- First Generation: The Ford Galaxy was a joint venture by Ford and Volkswagen, and used mechanicals from the latter. Fitted as standard, it could seat 7 passengers in a 2-3-2 configuration. The trunk was standard size but provided extensive space when combined with folding rear seats. There were two trim levels, known as the Aspen and the GLX. The Ghia and other trim levels were launched sometime later.
- Second Generation: Released parallel with the Ford S Max in 2006, the Ford Galaxy Mk2 was bigger than the original and came with various new features. These include Home Safe Lighting, cooled glove boxes and a heated windscreen. The FoldFlatSystem added even more space by allowing the seats to be lowered flat to the floor.
- Third Generation: The third generation of the Ford Galaxy was presented at the 2014 Paris Motor Show and went on sale in 2015. It was released with two petrol and one diesel variant. It was updated with a mid-cycle facelift in 2020. In 2021, Ford discontinued the petrol and diesel variants, opting for the 2.5-litre hybrid Duratec exclusively.
See the full list of our people carrier hire offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are some additional differences between an automatic and a manual version of the Ford Galaxy. The manual transmission has slightly better fuel economy than the automatic transmission. Some engine versions are only available in manual, some only in automatic. There are also engine versions that can have either a manual or automatic gearbox.
People should hire an automatic version of the Ford Galaxy if they want an easy drive with extra comfort. Families with multiple children prefer the Ford Galaxy because it offers plenty of space for cargo and passengers and handles better than many of its contemporaries. Not to mention, it has excellent fuel efficiency with the new hybrid Duratec engine.
An automatic version of the Ford Galaxy is more expensive to hire than its manual counterpart. However, prices vary drastically depending on the trim style, engine and other various factors. Contact our agents to inquire about the price of automatic and manual Ford Galaxy models, as well as other people carrier vehicles.