Fiat 500 Hire
Hire a Fiat 500 for the perfect blend of flair and efficiency.
Call us on 020 8168 8158 now!
Compact Reliability And Style
Take a look across most UK roads and you’re almost certain to find a Fiat 500. This compact masterpiece, fondly called the Cinquecento, is a great choice if you’re looking for a car that combines practicality and affordability without compromising on aesthetics.
The petite design of the Fiat 500 and its fuel-efficient engine make it ideal for city break exploration. Behind the exterior, this Fiat car also offers comfort on the inside and a peppy performance that makes every journey one to relish.
Things That Make Fiat 500 Stand Out
The Fiat is a remarkable vehicle and possesses a range of features that help it stand out from other compact cars.
- Compact Size: The Fiat 500 comes in handy for urban driving when size matters. Its small size allows it to navigate small streets and fit into tight parking spots.
- Efficiency: This is one of the Fiat 500’s biggest selling points. This car’s fuel economy makes it a great choice if you’re conscious of your carbon footprint.
- Retro Design: The Fiat’s rounded body and charming details are reminiscent of the Italian style. Its unique look turns heads whenever you drive past.
- Features: Despite being a budget car, the Fiat 500 comes with a range of features to make every journey smooth and comfortable. Its user-friendly infotainment system makes it easy to control, and there are advanced technology features for safety.
Why Choose SDVH?
As one of the leading suppliers of rental vehicles in the UK, SDVH is your number-one choice for budget car hire services. Our fleet contains various vehicle models, each of which is serviced and maintained regularly to ensure quality and performance. Contact our team today with your driving licence to enjoy our compact cars. Remember to also submit the licences of additional drivers, if there are any.
We guarantee free delivery and collection with our Fiat car rental service. SDVH aims to save you the stress of a visit to the rental station, so just state your preferred location when booking, and we’ll bring the car to you. Our agents will also pick up the vehicle for free when the rental period elapses.
At SDVH, we believe in offering travel freedom when you rent a Fiat 500 from us. That’s why our hire service comes with unlimited mileage, allowing you to go long distances without incurring additional charges. This unlimited mileage policy applies to all cars except those used for courier service.
You can enjoy our hire services from anywhere in the UK. We have a large network of suppliers, which allows us to deliver cars to England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Roadside assistance also extends to these regions, so you’re never stranded in the rare event of a breakdown with SDVH.
You can hire a Fiat 500 from SDVH for your trips to other EU countries. We offer a European cover option that you can activate to travel to EU-listed countries, such as France, Spain, Germany and Ireland. Just make sure to inform our team of your plans to leave the country when hiring.
Save yourself the stress of returning the car to the original rental station. SDVH offers a one-way rental service that allows you to rent a Fiat 500 at our office in one location and drop it off at a depot closer to your final destination for an additional fee. We can also pick it up at your endpoint.
At SDVH, we aim to always prioritise the welfare of our customers. That’s why every hire from us comes with basic insurance coverage. This insurance covers minor damages to the car as well as the driver and passengers, and we have a Collision Damage Waiver for more protection.
Although you get insurance coverage with every rental from SDVH, we understand that not everyone needs it. Drivers who are already insured under a company insurance policy or another insurance don’t need this coverage, and for this reason, they are entitled to a 10% discount on the hire costs.
No matter the transportation task, SDVH has a suitable vehicle for the occasion. Our diverse fleet network of suppliers allows us to provide different categories of vehicles. We also offer flexible hire options to cater to both business and personal needs on a short and long-term basis.
About The Fiat 500
The Fiat 500 has enduring popularity all over the world due to its compact size and unique, stylish design. However, this vehicle didn’t just take over the economy car market suddenly. It has been around for quite some time.
The Fiat 500 was originally introduced by Fiat Automobiles in July 1957 as the Cinquecento. The car, which was designed by Dante Giacosa, was marketed as a cheap and functional small car. The Cinquecento was just over 9 feet long and powered by a 479cc two-cylinder engine.
A Fiat is our cheapest hire option meant for basic transportation needs. Contrary to that, see our Range Rover hire for the most expensive, luxurious and capable option.
The Fiat 500’s History
Since its original launch, the Fiat 500 has gradually evolved into the cute vehicle that everyone loves. Let’s recount the process of this evolution.
- Fiat Nuova (1957-1960): The original Fiat was designed with a fabric roof, foldable to the rear of the vehicle. The car featured a 479 cc two-cylinder engine that produced just 13 horsepower.
- Fiat Nuova Sport (1958- 1960): Fiat introduced the Nuova 500 Sport, a sports version of the original car with a more powerful engine and a two-tone livery. The Nuova 500 Sport was available in the iconic colour scheme of white with a red stripe along the flanks.
- 500 D (1960-1968): A new version of the 500 series (the 500 D) replaced the original Nuova. This car featured a more powerful engine and a standard D roof that didn’t fold as far back as the roof on the Nuova.
- 500 Giardiniera (1960-1968): The 500 Giardiniera, an estate version of the Fiat 500 was launched. The engine of this car was laid on the floor of the boot to create a flat-loading surface. Fiat also released the 500 Furgoncino, a panel van variant of the series.
- Fiat 500 L (1968-1972): The 500 L, also known as the Lusso model, featured some notable cosmetic changes. It had an extra chrome bar at the front and rear, as well as a more modern interior, with a plastic dashboard and reclining seats.
- 500 R or Rinnovata (1972-1975): In 1972, Fiat released the 500 Rinnovata, which had a larger 594 cc engine, capable of producing 23hp. This was the last iteration before the Fiat ceased production of the 500 in favour of the new Fiat 126 in 1975.
- Fiat 500 Reborn (2007): About 50 years after the release of the original Cinquecento, Fiat released a modern reinterpretation. The 2007 Fiat 500 was heavily based on the Fiat Panda, featuring a centre dash and gearshift lever. Since being reborn, the Fiat 500 has continued to evolve, which has helped it develop into the modern car we have today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Fiat 500 has air conditioning. Air con is an essential feature in most modern cars, and the Fiat is not left out. You can turn the air conditioning on and off by simply pushing the A/C button on the panel. There’s also a control on the dashboard that you can use to regulate the temperature and airflow.
The Fiat 500 is made at Fiat facilities in Tychy, Poland and Toluca, Mexico. However, the original car was produced in Turin on July 4, 1957, with assembly lasting until 1975. Despite having just two production locations, the Fiat 500 is exported to over 100 countries around the world, making it easy to find it in almost any country.
Yes, the Fiat 500 is reliable. It is made from durable materials, and most owners will rarely have to repair the car. However, you must be ready to pay decent sums for repairs when the car needs fixing, as parts are more difficult to obtain. Or you can just hire a Fiat 500 and leave fixing to a company. The VW Golf is another reliable small car that you may want to check out.